Saturday, December 27, 2008

Samsung SH-S223Q LightScribe™ DVD-RW

Funny how you can go so long without needing something, then all of the sudden, you need it. Well, that is the case for me in regards to a CD/DVD burner for my computer. I have a ton of music that needs to be converted to CD Audio (.cda) so the need has arisen for a CD/DVD burner.

After some pretty exhaustive research (I'm OCD when it comes to computer hardware and peripherals), I have settled on the Samsung SH-S223Q 22-speed DVD Writer with LightScribe™ 2.0. Strange thing is, the media is more expensive than the drive. $29.99 for the drive, $31.99 for 30 Verbatim 700MB LightScribe 2.0 CD's.

My kit consists of two Ion CDJ's that only play standard CD's, so I need to convert my new tracks to CD-Audio (.cda) and burn them up so I can start spinning them. Almost 5 hours of new tracks (see previous post) arrived and I've been listening to them non-stop on shuffle, getting a feel for how certain tracks will work together.

Should be getting the drive on Tuesday'ish.

1 comment:

  1. There are different types of design according to the purpose of the website. The purpose of this is to make or generate the best use of the existing web technologies to create an attractive, eye catching website that is effective and user friendly.

    Edmonton Web Design

    ReplyDelete